Construction Issues

As homebuilders, we feel honored to build houses across the state of Nevada. While we try our best to build the perfect home, construction issues can sometimes happen. In the state of Nevada, homeowners and homebuilders have the right to work together to resolve problems with home construction under Nevada’s Right to Repair statute.

If you believe there is a serious construction problem with your home, there are several steps you can take to having a construction problem resolved:

1. Contact Your Builder
Despite our passion for building homes for families across Nevada, problems occasionally arise. If your home has not been built to your satisfaction, contact your homebuilder or your builder’s service department and describe your problem. The initial contact can be by phone or by email, but you should keep a record of all communication.

If you do not know your builder, please click here to read tips on how to find your builder.

2. Inspect the Problem
After you contact your builder, they will schedule a time with you to come to your home and inspect the problem. The inspection will determine the nature of the problem, and you can discuss with your builder what is needed to correct it and when the correction can be completed.

3. Warranty Coverage
If the correction is covered under one of the warranted components of your home, you will be advised to contact the proper warranty company for service.

Click here for more information about warranty coverage and how you can find out if your problem is covered.

4. File a Complaint
If you have followed all of the steps above and your problem has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can file a complaint with the Nevada State Contractor’s Board, which is the licensing agency for builders and subcontractors.  The Board will open an investigation and work with you and the contractor to resolve any validated issues.  If the contractor is unable to correct the issues, you may be eligible for financial recourse up to $35,000 through the Board’s Residential Recovery Fund.